iPhone Kindle App (for .mobi files):
- Open the email with the E-Book download link.
- Tap the .mobi link to initiate the download.
- Choose "Download" in the pop-up window.
- In Safari, locate the blue downward-facing arrow to access downloads.
- Open the downloaded E-Book from the list.
- Tap the upward-facing arrow on the top-right (might be at bottom) of your screen.
- Select the Kindle app to open a pop-up box for "Send to Kindle."
- Enter the author's name if needed and choose "Send."
- Look for the "Success!" message and wait for the book to appear in your Kindle library.
Android Kindle App (for .mobi files):
- Locate the email with the E-Book download link.
- Tap the .mobi link to save the file on your Android device.
- On your Android device's home screen, open your 'File Manager' or 'File Explorer' (often named 'Files' on some Android phones).
- In your 'File Manager,' find the MOBI file you downloaded.
- Copy the .mobi file.
- Paste it into your Kindle folder, typically located under the parent file directory (e.g., /storage/sdcard). Make sure to check your 'File Manager' or 'Files' folder if you can't find it.
- If you don't see the Kindle folder, ensure that your phone settings allow downloading files to the Kindle app, especially if you're using mobile data.
- After pasting the .mobi file into the Kindle folder, close your file manager.
- Open your Kindle app. The file should appear in your carousel.
- If you don't see it, access your Kindle app's menu and press "Sync."
- If syncing doesn't work and you still can't find the .mobi file, try restarting your Android device and checking the Kindle app again.
Be sure you follow these instructions step by step as each piece is vital. If you are having trouble with the .mobi file, you can try the .epub file.